Digging Deeper: The Probiotic Cure with Martie Whittekin
The Probiotic Cure: Join us as we ‘dig deeper’ with Martie Whittekin and discuss the importance of probiotics in our diets to overcome serious and painful disorders – from allergies to diabetes to osteoporosis to stomach ulcers.
The Probiotic Cure is a guide to overcoming many of our most common health issues. The book is designed to explain what our internal flora is and how it works in our gut and it also provides a listing of the most common health disorders that may arise from a bacterial imbalance. The Probiotic Cure provides a safe, natural, and wonderfully effective alternative approach to treating many of the major health problems of our time.
Martie Whittekin, CCN, Host of Healthy by Nature Radio Show. Martie has hosted the show throughout its history. A nutrition counselor since 1982 and a Certified Clinical Nutritionist for most of that time, she has studied with some of the brightest minds in the natural health field. This background helps her to pick well-qualified guests and to ask questions designed to give listeners actionable information and well as translate into lay language.
• Martie is the author of The Probiotic Cure, the best selling book Natural Alternatives to Nexium, Maalox, Tagamet and Prilosec, (2nd edition published in 2012) and ALOE VERA Modern Science Sheds Light on an Ancient Herbal Remedy (2010).
• She served as President of the National Nutritional Foods Association (which is now the Natural Products Association) during crucial phases of the effort to pass the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act. She testified at many congressional hearings and had input into that landmark bill.
• As a founder and head of Texans for Health Freedom (formed to protect a citizen’s right to choose alternative medical treatments) Ms Whittekin helped obtain at least some protection for doctors using nutrition in their practices.
• She was awarded The National Nutritional Foods Association’s 2002 “Crusader Award” and earlier was honored as AWIN (Association of Women in Nutrition) “Woman of the Year in Natural Foods.”
• Martie served on the Board of Trustees of Bastyr University (a fully accredited medical school teaching natural medicine).
• She has been married to Bill Whittekin for a very long time. They have 4 grown children and 2 grandchildren.
Join Us May 24th along with speaker Martie Whittekin.
RSVP for the May 24th Digging Deeper
Natural HealthFest 2017 Live Well Naturally
Featuring integrative and holistic practitioners, naturopaths, nutritionist, acupuncturist, biological dentist and chiropractors, plus purveyors of healthy, natural, organic or locally sourced foods, fitness professionals , authors and more.
The Kotsanis Institute will be having Microcurrent Demos