Now Hiring – Physician Assistant – PA
Please send resumes and cover letters to recruiting.kotsanis@
Reports to: Constantine A. Kotsanis, M.D.
type of position: full time, non-exempt
Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. At times may be the principal care when physician is not present. The PA confers with the supervising physician and other medical professionals a needed and as required by law.
Work as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify treatment plan, and implement interventions. Observe patients, chart and report changes in patients’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and take any necessary action.
KEY EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information, recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections, intravenous fluids, IPT, and other procedures, while noting times and amounts in patients’ charts.
- Instructs and counsels patients as needed.
- Answers patients’ calls and determines how to assist them.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed. This includes participation in research efforts that are conducted by the Kotsanis Institute on an ongoing basis.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Call pharmacy for patient refills.
- Fax prescriptions to pharmacy.
- Provide training on all medical and office procedures.
- Complete Superbill and forward to Front Office.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant Program. Pass the national examinations. Licensed by the State of Texas.