Now Hiring – Nurse/Scribe & Case Manager
Please send resumes and cover letters to recruiting.ko[email protected]
Reports to: Constantine A. Kotsanis, M.D.
type of position: full time, non-exempt
Responsible for smooth operation of all clinical functions including but not limited to: consulting, educating and responding to patient needs by providing clinical guidance. Provides assistance to doctor, patients and other health care providers regarding referrals, authorized medical information and other clinical issues. Manages patient care. Must be able to answer questions on all therapies offered in the office.
KEY EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in all new patient consultations to record pertinent information in the patient’s record.
- After new patient office visit is complete, manages the remainder of the patient encounter that includes patient instruction (verbal and written), explanation of testing, calling in of prescriptions, scheduling imaging or other in or out of office procedures and assuring that any other recommendations are understood and implemented.
- Follows through to assure that patients are staying on their planned treatment, diet supplement or prescription programs.
- Cooperates with practice concierge to assist patients that may have special needs, such as hotels.
- Consults with and educates new and established patients and family members by developing rapport and promoting long term relationships. Provides medication, supplements, dosing, nutritional and diet information with detailed instructions as directed by Dr. Kotsanis.
- Explains doctor ordered lab testing, purpose and benefits of labs, including preparation procedures. Answers questions and maintains an open line of communication with patients. Provides treatment and nutrition information to help and support patients to follow doctor recommendations.
- Coaches patient families through nutritional, supplement and lab protocols. Answers questions. Provides patient and consumer resource information to help/guide patients to follow doctor recommendations.
- Follows up with patients by phone and/or email. Designates patient call back times to scheduled hours of the work day. Makes calls, addresses issues and documents actions/information in patient files.
- Mixes and starts IV’s using trained techniques, formulas and protocols as directed.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares laboratory specimens. Performs basic laboratory tests on premises. Disposes of contaminated supplies. Sterilizes medical instruments. Administers medications and authorizes drug refills as directed by the doctor. Telephones prescriptions to pharmacies. Draws blood. Prepares patients for treatments.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures of the practice, and follows federal, state, and local requirement standards.
- Maintains good working relationships with patients and other staff members.
- Reports to management any information that might endanger the smooth operation of the practice or the safety of staff members.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program. Passed National examination. Licensed in the State of Texas.
- Compassionate bed side manner and patience in dealing with the chronically ill individuals.
- Team player focused on positive relationships with patients and coworkers to support the overall success of the practice.
- Knowledge of nutritional interventions as an adjunct to medical treatment.
- Ability to teach and counsel patients.
- Two or more years of experience with computer software in a work environment.
- Two years General office experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks software.
- Experience with telephone/reception.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, ambitious, driven to excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to self-educate and commit to continuous learning.
- Effective listening and writing skills.
- Ability to anticipate, handle and overcome patient issues.
- Ability to connect with co-workers/patients, establish continuity, and build/maintain their trust.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.