Now Hiring – Medical Assistant/Infusion Technician/Pharmacy Technician
Please send resumes and cover letters to recruiting.kotsanis@
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for mixing and starting IV infusions, giving IM and IV injections, surgical assisting, blood draws, answering patient questions, rooming patients, taking vital signs, coordinating patient testing, treatment and follow up appointments, checking patients in and out, accept payments, medical supply and equipment ordering, taking photographs of patients and being a chaperone during office examinations.
Also cross trained to assist front office staff in answering phones, making appointments, keying in transactions. Must be able to answer questions on all medical, surgical procedures offered in the office including pre-op, post-op and pricing. May be asked to do errands outside of the office such as escort patients to the hospital, coordinate with labs, shipping etc.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be proficient in starting IV infusions and mixing solutions
- One or more years nursing or medical assisting experience or experience as an infusion or pharmacy technician
- One or more years experience with computer software in a work environment
- One or more years general office experience
- Basic understanding of a clinical nutrition environment (training available here)
- High school diploma or GED
- Licensure or certification in a health profession
- Courses in medical subjects such as biology, physiology, chemistry, physics, etc
- Experience with QuickBooks Software (or be willing to learn basics)
- Experience with Telephone/Reception
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint