Now Hiring – Front Desk Associate
Please send resumes and cover letters to [email protected]
Reports to: Constantine A. Kotsanis, M.D.
type of position: full time, non-exempt
General Front Desk Medical Reception, Phone Answering and Checking Out of Patients
KEY EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Front desk “check out” duties; entering sales receipt charges, collecting payment, scheduling next appointment, putting on follow up if they do not schedule, entering payment information on daily report for bookkeeper along with copies. Refunds as applicable. Call follow ups as they come up if they have not scheduled.
- First line of answering of phone along with other front office staff. Answering questions on telephone calls if possible. Taking messages or transferring to appropriate person. Completing new patient inquiry form on every new patient inquiry call or email. Send new patient email with appointment date and time and how to print off new patient paperwork along with some links to our You Tube videos and informative places on our web site. Schedule and reschedule appointments from calls.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Back up for other front desk personnel when they are not available.
- Process payments for Greek test. Check Greek blood draw for accuracy.
- Help process incoming faxes.
- Process records requests.
- Confirm patient appointments the day before.
- Pull charts for patients to be seen the next day.
- Help check charts for accuracy and completeness.
- Charge, pack and ship out supplements on orders.
- Call referral doctors as needed for their business cards to give to patients.
- Assisting when asked to help.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Two or more years of experience with computer software in a work environment.
- Minimum of one year general office experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with Quickbooks software.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized, self motivated, ambitious, driven to excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player and focused on the overall success of the practice.
- Willingness to self-educate and commit to continuous learning.
- Effective listening and writing skills.
- Ability to anticipate, handle and overcome patient issues.
- Ability to connect with co-workers/patients, establish continuity, and build/maintain their trust.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.